Last Updated: January 2020
Last Updated: JAN 2020
Mass Markets has been working in the area of safe disposal of electronic waste. Since spare parts of computers, laptops, notebook, notepad spare parts of all type Printers, spare parts of Telecommunications equipment, IT and Networking Equipment, spare parts of smartphones & feature phones and their components are made of hazardous constituents under our global policy as well the legislation passed by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MOEF), called E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016, which came into effect from 1st Oct 2016.
- Mass Markets will seek shared responsibility and cooperation from customers in reducing the environmental impact of their products.
- Mass Markets will comply with all the applicable laws related to e-waste management.
HOW TO HANDLE EWASTE
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers/Dismantler handle your electronic products ( i.e. Parts of Computers, laptops, Notebook, Parts of all type Printers, Scanners, Parts of Telecommunication, IT and Networking Equipment, Parts of Smart Phones & Feature Phones)
- Always call at our toll-free No’s to Dispose products that have reached end-of life
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-Waste Collection Points.
- Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
- Do not dismantle your electronic Products on your own
- Do not throw electronics in bins having “Do not Dispose” sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.